Move-to-earn gaming startup Walken unveils new roadmap and shares in-game statistics
Walken, a gaming startup that connects real-life sports activities with online gaming and earning crypto, is preparing to take the next step toward enhancing its fast-growing ecosystem.
Today, Walken unveiled a new roadmap and shared in-game statistics. The new roadmap includes various new features to look forward to for all users gamifying a healthier lifestyle with the help of blockchain technology.
The Walken vision of connecting a healthy lifestyle with games and crypto is one step closer to being realized. Gamifying ways for people to become healthy and adding financial incentives to stick to those routines are one of the biggest industry opportunities in all of Web3.
The team unveiled its latest roadmap as Walken builds momentum and continues to note substantial overall growth. Several key developments stand out, including:
- Better localization support with seven additional languages
- Using the 60 million community-generated tokens to re-invest in Walken and bring value to the community
- A new game featuring the CAThletes is in development and will be released separately.
- Ranking systems depicting player activity and achievements and a Wheel of Fortune to reward active players (on both Android and iOS)
- The Walken Ambassador program will support local communities.
- Dedicated referral program with associated bonuses
All of these developments will enable Walken to keep growing its community at the rapid pace – and potentially even faster – it has sustained so far. The community element in this ecosystem is front and center, as it properly aligns with the core values of Web3 technology.
Furthermore, Walken recently shared some in-game economy statistics confirming the ongoing expansion of its ecosystem and player base:
- iOS growth was initially more outspoken than Android, but that situation has flipped since early August 2022. Android represents over 7,000 new unique daily users, whereas iOS contributes over 1,000.
- Walken has seen peaks of over 20,000 new daily users across July and August 2022
- Russia is the biggest user base for Walken (19.6%), followed by Ukraine (10.4%), India (7.34%), and Vietnam (5.13%)
- Walken has over 1.11 million users to date, a number that is expected to grow to 2 million by Q4 2022
Commenting on the growth, Walken Co-founder and CEO Alexei Kulevets adds: “One of the main challenges of any gamified web3 project is to make it both fun and sustainable, especially a free2play one. With Walken we are proving the point that it’s possible. We are grateful to our amazing community and work hard to make it even better”.
Combining fun and sustainability has given rise to a budding ecosystem for Walken and its community. The growing appreciation for this project across key global regions showcases people are willing to dive into Web3 and unlock the benefits it can provide.
Founded a few years ago, Walken is a fast-growing move-to-earn ecosystem that has been around since 2017. The startup currently boasts over 60 million downloads and more than $45 million in all-time revenue all time.
Its Move-to-Earn mobile app was built by a team that uses the motion detection capabilities of standard smartphones and wearable devices to capture the step counts of users, who are then rewarded with WLKN tokens for in-app gameplay and NFTs. Developed by the team behind Appyfurious and GetFit Apps, Walken is dedicated to linking gaming and crypto to a healthy, active lifestyle.