The ultimate list of ICO resources for startups – Guide on latest ICOs, ICO alerts, upcoming ICOs, ICO research and many more
Token sales, popularly know as initial coin offering or ICOs are the latest craze in the cryptocurrency markets. ICOs are leveling the playing field and making it possible for startups to raise funding and compete with big companies. With the popularity of cryptocurrencies, a new wave of startups is beginning to set its sights on ICOs. Unlike the traditional IPOs used by big companies to raise capital from the public, ICOs are a new way startups use to finance their ideas by letting individuals, rather than venture capitalists, buy small stakes in their startups. Unlike IPOs, ICOs are an unregulated means by government regulators like the SEC and help startups to bypass the the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks.
The first reported ICO (token sale) was conducted by Mastercoin in July 2013, with the fundraising event running for almost one month.
Mastercoin raised close to 5,000 bitcoins, valued around $500,000 at the time. Since then, there has been a flood of ICOs with a new ICO launching every other day. In 2014, Ethereum used ICO to raise funding using token sales. Ethereum was able to raise 3,700 BTC in its first 12 hours, equal to approximately $2.3 million dollars at the time. In 2016 alone, 54 major ICOs raised close to $103 million dollars.
As of March 2018, there are over 1400 ICOs issued by startups with a value of over $40 billion.
Finding the best ICOs is like finding needle from a haystack. There are also issues of fake ICOs. For example, back in November 2017, CNBC reported Cryptocurrency start-up Confido disappears with $375,000 from an ICO, and nobody can find the founders. This is not the only company. There are other fake ICOs issued everyday. Potential investors need to do due diligence and research the viability of the ICO projects before investing in them. That being said, there are so many resources available online where potential investors can find the upcoming ICOs, research best ICOs and avoid losing their hard-earned money. That is why we put together a list of resources to guide our readers. This list is not comprehensive in any way. Are we missing any ICO resource? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: New ICO Resource.
Without much ado, below is our ultimate list of online ICO resources.
- CoinMarketCap – Coinmarketcap is currently the go-to platform for cryptocurrency trading and exchange information. The site also provide an in-depth detail of past, current and upcoming token data. It is one of the most popular cryptocurrency website with over 368 million unique visitors in January 2018, according to the data analytics site, SimilarWeb.com
- ICOStats – The site tracks and compares performance of ICOs. it also provides a detailed statistics like ROI since ICO, ROI vs ETH since ICO, and charts for comparing the historical performance of ICOs.
- CoinSchedule – CoinSchedule provides a list of cryptocurrency ICOs (Initial Coin Offering) and Token Sales, Milestones, Roadmaps and Events for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Waves, Ripple and other altcoins. This is probably the best site out there.
- CryptoCompare – CryptoCompare brings you all the latest streaming pricing data in the world of cryptocurrencies. Whether you are just interested in the Bitcoin price or you want to see the latest Ether volume, they have all the data available at your fingertips. The interactive site provide live cryptocurrency prices, trades and many more.
- ICOAlert – ICO Alert maintains the only complete calendar of all active and upcoming Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), token sales, and crowdsales. The ICO Alert reports give you exclusive insight and analysis of new cryptocurrency ICOs.
- Ambisafe – Ambisafe is a platform that allows companies or individuals to issue any type of asset on the blockchain in minutes. Their platform enables you to quickly issue any type of asset on the blockchain, and add it to cryptocurrency exchanges worldwide.
- ICO Countdown – ICO Countdown gives spotlight to new crypto projects with a focus on crowdfunding methodology, it also conducts due diligence to ascertain viability of the ICO projects.
- Reddit’s ICO Crypto forum – Reddit’s Icocrypto is the place to come for review and discussion of everything related to active and upcoming ICO / Crowdsales. It is a due diligence community for redditors. It is a place to also to gather public information but not a forum to promote any product or company
- ICO Data – ICO Data is one of the best ICO resources online. The site provides stats of all ICOs since 2016. Their statistics are the most accurate ICO cumulative funding stats anywhere on the web. They have been featured in New York Times, Forbes, Huffington Post, Hacked and other publications.
- Smith + Crown – Smith + Crown is a research group focused on the revolutionary technologies in the emerging field of cryptofinance. Entrepreneurs are building blockchains, launching smart contracts, developing distributed autonomous organizations, re-imagining digital privacy, re-designing the architecture of the internet, and broadly finding ways to make centralized systems more distributed.
- ICO Hot List – ICO Hot List investigates current and upcoming Initial Coin Offerings, which we offer as a curated and always up to date list of trending and promising ICOs. Read on to explore the best ICO listing.
- Token Market – TokenMarket.net provides professional services for crowdsales, ICOs, developers and more. It is a marketplace for tokens, digital assets and blockchain based investing. Anyone can research and invest in tokenized assets, or launch a crowdsale for a project.
- ICO Tracker – It is a site started by distributed team of enthusiasts. Their goal is to help ICO investors make more informed investment decisions through the ICO and want to give the opportunity for all. The site provides a listing of past, current and upcoming ICOs. Anyone is allowed to add their ICOs to their list.
- CoinTelegraph.com – Cointelegraph is a completely independent publication covering cryptocurrency, the blockchain, decentralized applications, the internet of finance and the next gen web. The site provides a comprehensive calendar of past, current an upcoming ICOs. It also offer the latest news, prices, breakthroughs and analysis with emphasis on expert opinion and commentary from the digital currency community.
This list is not comprehensive in any way. We plan to update this list as we receive new data points. Do you know of any ICO resource or would you like your site to be added to the list? Then email us at email@example.com with Subject Line: New ICO Resource.