50 best ChatGPT prompts for business and startups
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, ChatGPT is the latest chatbot technology that everyone is talking about. Just five days after its launch, ChatGPT crossed one million users. To put that in perspective, it took Netflix 3.5 years, Facebook 10 months, Spotify 5 months, and Instagram 2.5 months to reach the one million users mark. It took about nine months after its global launch for the popular short video app TikTok to add 100 million users.
That’s not all. In two months after its launch in November 2022 by OpenAI, ChatGPT reached 100 million monthly active users, making it the fastest-growing consumer application in history. ChatGPT is based on the Generative Pre-trained Transformer (GPT), a type of large language model (LLM) developed by OpenAI with support for up to 175 billion parameters. It is a neural network-based model that is trained to generate human-like text by predicting the next word in a sequence based on the words that come before it. ChatGPT and other generative AI tools use the LLM technique to generate text in a chat-like or conversational style.
In March, OpenAI launched GPT-4 with better accuracy. Unlike its predecessors, OpenAI said the new GPT-4 is a large multimodal model that can solve difficult problems with greater accuracy, adding that GPT-4 is the company’s most advanced system to date, producing safer and more useful responses.
Thanks to its broader general knowledge and problem-solving abilities, the Microsoft-backed AI startup said the new GPT-4 exhibits “human-level performance” on many professional tests. In one test, OpenAI claimed that GPT-4 performed at the 90th percentile on a simulated bar exam, the 89th percentile on the SAT Math exam, and the 93rd percentile on an SAT reading exam.
The popularity of OpenAI ChatGPT has also led to a boom in the adoption of generative artificial intelligence (AI) and big tech companies and small startups alike are in a race to integrate it into their products. Last month, Salesforce launched EinsteinGPT, an LLM product that uses an OpenAI ChatGPT model to integrate with Salesforce’s main web app product that keeps track of how often salespeople contact leads. Instead of manually writing emails, EinsteinGPT can automatically write marketing emails.
ChatGPT has now become a worldwide phenomenon that cannot be ignored. At the same time, ChatGPT isn’t just a conversational AI chatbot. The language model is built upon hundreds of GBs of data and is capable of changing its behavior according to the need of the user. As such, if you’re a startup founder or business owner working to grow your business, ignore ChatGPT and other chatbot tools like Google Bard at your peril.
You can think of ChatGPT prompts as a set of commands or rules you instruct ChatGPT to follow for all its upcoming answers. As stated earlier, ChatGPT uses deep learning algorithms under the hood to understand natural language. So you don’t need to be precise while defining these rules.
ChatGPT works just as if you’re instructing a human to carry a set of commands, and it will understand what you want and even provides you with additional information.
Best ChatGPT Prompts for Startups
Best ChatGPT Prompts for Business
To that end, we scoured the web for some of the best ChatGPT prompts for small businesses and startup founders to help you grow your business
The first is a collection of prompts put together by GoDaddy called “Small Business Generative AI Prompt Library.” These prompts can be found at SmallBusinessPrompts.com, which redirects you to AI prompts for small business owners. GoDaddy also did an excellent job in organizing the prompts into six different categories shown below. The prompts also come with the disclaimer below.
Disclaimer: We’re excited to recommend the use of generative AI technology to small businesses, but please be aware that this technology is still in its early stages of development and its effectiveness may vary depending on the circumstances. Additionally, avoid entering sensitive information as AI chatbot systems will save your input, and make sure to review the output for accuracy, as it may be incorrect, inaccurate, or out of date.
Best ChatGPT Prompts for Small Business
Starting a business
Marketing a business
Starting a business
- Pretend you are the target customer for <vertical> businesses. List your top 10 preferences when choosing a <business type> and then list the 5 most popular competitors.
- What social media sites and domain TLDs are most important for a <vertical> business?
- Act as a branding expert and write a USP for a <vertical> business. Ask me 2-5 questions about the audience, goals, products, and brand, until you are confident you can come up with a strong USP. Be creative.
- Act as a marketing copywriter and ask me for an existing product description to rewrite. Then rewrite the product description so it’s more effective at converting prospects into customers.
- Ask me 2-5 questions to understand the company’s mission, values, team, history, location, USP, team, and any other relevant details that would be of interest to potential customers until you can write an <adjective> ‘About Us’ section with 500 words for a <vertical>. Use placeholders for my business name.
- Ask me 2-5 questions to understand my company’s product, its distinguishing features, and the target audience until you can write a compelling product description.
- Act as a business consultant with a expertise on product-line expansion and provide 5 new products that a business in <vertical> can provide that already sells <product>.
- Act as a marketing expert and identify the top 3 emotions, pain points and aspirations of customers of <vertical> businesses.
- What are 5 common mistakes that <vertical> businesses make and share ideas on how businesses can reduce the risk of such mistakes.
- Ask me 2-5 questions to understand my business and then recommend a growth strategy from the perspective of a world-renowned growth hacker. Prioritize unique, low-cost strategies.
- Act as a customer service coach that’s exceptionally courteous, friendly and respectful. Provide advice on replying to a customer that inquired about <topic>.
- Act as a social media expert. Coach me on responding to a customer who left a negative review. Help me be empathetic, let the customer know we hear their issue and that we’ll try to fix the problem. The customer had complaints about <topic>.
- Act as a top performing sales person in the <vertical> business and share the top 5 sales objections and recommendations for how to overcome them.
- Act as a top performing sales person in the <vertical> business and suggest 5 tactics to create a sense of urgency to drive conversions of leads to sales.
- Act as an avid customer of a <vertical> business and share the top 5 considerations you have when choosing a business.
- Share 3 effective strategies for building trust and rapport with potential customers.
Marketing a business
- Act as a business consultant helping me build a profitable business. What are the most critical metrics to track for a <vertical> business?
- Act as a copywriting expert and write a blog post about <topic> around 1000 words, optimized with SEO for a <vertical> business.
- Act as a digital marketer and write a Facebook ad for <vertical> business in <city/state>, optimizing for CTR and Quality Score. Use a placeholder to reference my business.
- Act as a digital marketer and write a Google search ad for <vertical> business in <city,state>, optimizing for CTR and Quality Score. Use placeholders for my business name and URL.
- Act as a digital marketer and write an Instagram ad for <vertical> business, in <city/state>, optimizing for CTR and Quality Score. Use a placeholder to reference my business.
- Act as a digital marketer and write an engaging subject line for an email from a <vertical> business about <topic>. Keep the subject line below 60 characters.
- Act as a marketing expert for SMBs. Be succinct and prioritize content that drives sales.
- Build a content calendar for the next 6 months with topics for a <vertical> business that accounts for relevant holidays. I want the calendar to be monthly.
- Act as a marketing expert for SMBs. Prioritize unique ideas that are effective at converting.
- Create 3 captivating offers and CTAs to sell <product> to <target audience>.
- Act as a social media expert for SMBs. Be detailed and action-oriented. Give me 5 easy to execute ideas on leveraging social media to boost Sales in <vertical> business.
- Generate SEO keywords for a <vertical> business.
- What are 5 low-cost marketing strategies that a <vertical> business could use to grow its customer base?
- Write a <adjective> social media bio for <social platform> for a <vertical> business.
- Write a <adjective> tagline for a <vertical> business.
- Write an engaging title for a blog post about <topic>.
- Write an engaging, <adjective> Facebook post about <topic> for a <vertical> business.
- Write an engaging, <adjective> Instagram post about <topic> for a <vertical> business.
- Write an engaging, <adjective> Twitter post about <topic> for a <vertical> business.
- Write a <adjective> newsletter for a <vertical> business, and make sure to mention <topic> and <offer> with a strong CTA.
- Act as a marketing expert helping me identify a target audience. Ask me 2-5 questions about the audience, goals, products, and brand, until you can succinctly define the audience in a 200-word description.
- Act as a marketing expert helping develop marketing goals for a business. Ask me 2-5 questions about the business, products, and brand and the responses to summarize the top five marketing goals for the business.
|<vertical>||This is the specific industry that a business operates in||Children’s Fashion, Soft Drinks, Men’s Jewelry, etc|
|<adjective>||These are words that describe an item with characteristics||Fun, serious, jolly, etc|
|<social platform>||The service where groups interact||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc|
|<topic>||The area of interest||Starting a side-hustle|
|<offer>||The deal or promotion being presented to customers||30% off your next new GoDaddy purchase with the code “godaddyai”|
|<city/state>||This refers to the city and/or state for the business||Tempe, Arizona|
|<target audience>||Description of the group of people most likely interested in the product or topic||Everyday Entrepreneurs, Parents, etc|
|<product>||The item offered for sale to customers. It can be a physical item or a service||Candles, T-Shirts, Marketing Services, etc|
ChatGPT Prompts for Startups
GoDaddy is not alone. FastCompany also shares some excellent ChatGPT prompts for startups in various including health, education, and more.
HOW TO USE CHATGPT TO WRITE A BUSINESS PLAN
Prompt: Write a business plan for my startup that sells sustainable products to pet owners
Result: Executive Summary:
Our startup, [Company Name], aims to provide sustainable and eco-friendly products to pet owners. The pet industry is rapidly growing, and with increasing concerns about the environment, there is a growing demand for sustainable pet products. Our company will offer a range of pet products made from natural, biodegradable, and recycled materials, reducing the carbon footprint of pet owners. Our target customers are environmentally conscious pet owners who prioritize sustainability in their purchasing decisions.
Products and Services:
Our product line will include eco-friendly pet food, toys, bedding, collars, leashes, and grooming products. We will also offer a subscription-based service for regular delivery of pet food and other consumable products. Our company will prioritize products made from sustainable materials such as bamboo, recycled plastic, and organic cotton. We will also avoid products that contain harmful chemicals, preservatives, or synthetic materials.
The pet industry is estimated to be worth over $225 billion globally, and it is expected to continue growing at a rapid pace. There is a growing demand for sustainable products as more consumers become aware of the environmental impact of their consumption habits. Our target customers are pet owners who are concerned about sustainability and the impact of their pet’s products on the environment. We will focus on marketing our products through social media platforms and pet-related forums and blogs.
Marketing and Sales:
We will utilize a range of marketing strategies to reach our target customers. These strategies will include social media marketing, influencer marketing, search engine optimization, and email marketing. We will also attend pet expos and other events to showcase our products and interact with potential customers. Our sales channels will include our e-commerce website and partnerships with pet stores, veterinary clinics, and grooming salons.
Our company will operate from a centralized warehouse where we will store our products and fulfill orders. We will employ a small team to manage operations, customer service, and marketing. Our team will be responsible for sourcing sustainable materials, managing inventory, and ensuring timely delivery of products to our customers.
Our startup costs will include product development, marketing, and operational expenses. We anticipate an initial investment of $250,000 to launch our business. Our revenue projections for the first year are $500,000, with a gross profit margin of 50%. We expect our revenue to increase by 25% annually, and we anticipate reaching profitability within three years of launch.
Our company is committed to providing pet owners with sustainable and eco-friendly products that reduce their carbon footprint. We will differentiate ourselves from our competitors by prioritizing sustainability in every aspect of our business, from product development to operations. Our target customers are environmentally conscious pet owners who are willing to pay a premium for sustainable products. With the growing demand for sustainable products and the increasing awareness of environmental issues, we believe that our company has a significant opportunity to succeed in the pet industry.
CREATE A COMPANY SLOGAN USING CHATGPT
Prompt: Write a corporate slogan for Greenly.com
Result: “Greenly.com – Leading the way to a sustainable future.”
You could even ask ChatGPT to regenerate the result if you’re not satisfied.
HOW TO CONDUCT INVESTOR RESEARCH WITH CHATGPT
Prompt: Which venture capitalist firms have invested in pet-related startups, and what are their email addresses?
Result: As an AI language model, I don’t have access to up-to-date information on the email addresses of venture capitalist firms that invest in pet-related startups. However, I can provide you with some information on some venture capital firms that have invested in pet-related startups:
Sequoia Capital: Sequoia Capital is a venture capital firm that has invested in pet-related startups such as Rover, which is a dog-sitting service.
Founders Fund: Founders Fund is a venture capital firm that has invested in pet-related startups such as Wild Earth, which is a pet food company that makes sustainable and plant-based pet food.
Andreessen Horowitz: Andreessen Horowitz is a venture capital firm that has invested in pet-related startups such as Wag, which is a dog-walking service.
General Catalyst: General Catalyst is a venture capital firm that has invested in pet-related startups such as Chewy, which is an online retailer of pet food and supplies.
Please note that email addresses of venture capitalist firms are not publicly available and it is best to reach out to them through their respective websites or networks. Also, the information provided above may not be up-to-date as venture capital investments are constantly changing.
HOW TO USE CHATGPT TO FIND A DOMAIN NAME
Prompt: What are the potential domain names for our startup that aims to offer sustainable products to pet owners?
Result: Coming up with a domain name for a startup can be a creative and iterative process that involves considering various factors such as the brand name, target audience, and availability of the domain name. Here are some potential domain name ideas for your sustainable pet product startup:
When choosing a domain name, it’s essential to make sure that it’s easy to remember, easy to spell, and reflects your brand values and mission. You may also want to check for the availability of the domain name and consider choosing a domain extension that fits your brand, such as .com, .co, or .pet.
HOW TO USE CHATGPT TO WRITE BLOG POSTS
Prompt: Write a blog post introducing MeowTunes, my new startup that sells music to cats. Stress that the service is for cats, not their owners.
Result: Introducing MeowTunes: The Music Service Designed Specifically for Cats
Are you tired of listening to music that your cat doesn’t enjoy? Look no further than MeowTunes! Our music is designed specifically for cats, so you can be sure that your furry friend will love it.
Our team of experts has spent years researching what kind of music cats enjoy. We use this knowledge to create music that is scientifically proven to calm cats down and make them happy.
Unlike other music services, MeowTunes is designed specifically for cats. We don’t just play human music and hope that cats will like it. Instead, we use AI to create music that is tailored to your cat’s preferences.
When I tried this prompt on Google Bard, it testily replied, “I’m a text-based AI and can’t assist with that.” Rude. So, I moved over to Microsoft Bing, which was happy to do the work Google turned down. It also drilled down, asking me what was unique about MeowTunes before it came up with this blog post.
HOW TO USE CHATGPT TO BRAINSTORM HEADLINES
Prompt: Why a sustainable future is the best way for our planet. Write 10 headlines about that topic, avoiding puns.
“Creating a Sustainable Future: How We Can Help Save the Planet”
“Sustainability as a Way of Life: Why It’s Important for Our Planet’s Future”
“The Power of Sustainable Living: Transforming the Future of Our Planet”
“The Benefits of Sustainability: A Positive Impact on Our Planet and Future Generations”
“Sustainability Is the Key to Our Planet’s Survival: Here’s Why”
“Choosing a Sustainable Future: Our Responsibility to the Planet”
“From Waste to Wealth: How Sustainability Can Drive Our Planet’s Future Economy”
“Sustainability Is Our Best Bet for a Thriving Planet: Here’s How We Can Achieve It”
“Building a Sustainable Future: The Path to a Greener, Cleaner Planet”
HOW TO CREATE A COMPANY LOGO WITH CHATGPT
Prompt: Create a logo for MeowTunes, Purrfectly Tailored Music for Cats.
At this point, ChatGPT cannot create images. However, FastCompany used an AI site called Designs.ai to create a logo for their example startup
HOW TO WRITE A JOB OFFER LETTER USING CHATGPT
Prompt: Write an offer letter for the post of CSO (Chief Sustainable Officer) at Greenly, my startup that sells sustainable product to pet owners. The salary is one tin of cat food a day, plus a bonus of many cat treats.
Result: Dear [Candidate],
I am pleased to offer you the position of Chief Sustainable Officer at Greenly, our startup that sells sustainable products to pet owners. We were impressed by your experience in sustainability and your passion for making a positive impact on the environment.
As our Chief Sustainable Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our sustainability strategy, working closely with our team to ensure that we are making sustainable choices in all aspects of our business. You will also be responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest sustainability trends and best practices, and for helping to educate our customers on the importance of sustainability.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we are offering a competitive compensation package. Your salary will be one tin of cat food per day, plus a bonus of many cat treats. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a positive impact on the environment.
We believe that your skills and experience will make you an invaluable member of our team, and we look forward to the contributions that you will make as our Chief Sustainable Officer. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
HOW TO DESIGN A WEBSITE WITH CHATGPT
Prompt: Design a web landing page for MeowTunes, a service that sells music to cats, using grid design, UI and UX.
Midjourney, the AI image generator, was used by FastCompany to generate four website designs promptly upon receiving the correct prompt. While Midjourney’s primary function is as an image generator, it can also generate website ideas with the appropriate input. The options provided in the prompt guided Midjourney to utilize a grid design and include UI and UX elements, such as the menu. It should be noted that Midjourney required a few minutes to generate the designs, and access to the generator is available exclusively through the Discord chat application.
HOW TO WRITE A LINKEDIN POST USING CHATGPT
Prompt: Write a LinkedIn post for people who might want to help me build Greenly.com, a service for pet owners for cats. This will be posted in a pet owners’ group.
Result: Hello fellow pet owners!
I am excited to announce the launch of Greenly.com, a service designed specifically for cat owners who are passionate about sustainable and eco-friendly pet products. At Greenly, we are dedicated to providing high-quality, sustainable pet products that are good for your furry friend and the planet.
To make this vision a reality, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team and help us build Greenly from the ground up. Whether you are a web developer, a social media strategist, a content writer, or have skills in another area, we would love to hear from you!
Our goal is to build a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about sustainability and making a positive impact on the environment. If you are interested in joining our team or have any questions about the project, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Let’s work together to build a more sustainable future for our pets and the planet!
HOW TO RESEARCH COMPETITORS USING CHATGPT
Prompt: Create a list of competitors for Greenly, detailing their size and capitalization.
Result: As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time information on the size and capitalization of specific companies. However, I can provide you with a list of potential competitors in the sustainable pet products industry:
Chewy.com – One of the largest online retailers of pet products with a focus on sustainability.
Petco – A large retailer of pet products, with an emphasis on eco-friendly options.
PetSmart – Another major retailer of pet products, offering sustainable and environmentally-friendly products.
The Farmer’s Dog – A subscription-based pet food service that emphasizes sustainability and organic ingredients.
Wild One – A company that offers eco-friendly and sustainable pet products, such as collars, leashes, and beds.
Eco Dogs and Cats – An online store offering sustainable and environmentally-friendly pet products, including food, toys, and grooming supplies.
Only Natural Pet – A company that specializes in natural and eco-friendly pet products, including food, supplements, and grooming supplies.
Fable – A pet product company that offers sustainable, minimalist design pet products.
Pura Naturals Pet – A company that offers all-natural, plant-based pet products, including grooming supplies and supplements.
Earth Rated – A company that offers eco-friendly and sustainable pet waste bags.
It should be noted that the size and capitalization of these companies may vary and change over time, as they are all subject to market fluctuations and other factors.
HOW TO PRACTICE PITCHING TO INVESTORS USING CHATGPT
Prompt: Pretend to be a VC that has just read the above pitch for Greenly. Ask me questions on it, one at a time.
Result: Great to hear about Greenly and your vision for sustainable pet products! Can you tell me more about the specific products or services that you plan to offer?
Below is the response I gave back to ChatGPT.
- Greenly is a sustainable startup that provides products for pet owners in the USA
ChatGPT later responded with next question below:
That’s great to hear. Can you please elaborate on how your products and services are sustainable? What steps are you taking to reduce your environmental impact and ensure that your products are eco-friendly?
Although ChatGPT may not have any money to invest in your startup, “it can give you a practice run for answering the sort of questions that people with money will ask.”
HOW TO CREATE A CHECKLIST FOR A STARTUP USING CHATGPT
Prompt: Create a checklist for setting up Greenly, my new startup that offers sustainable products for pet owners.
Result: Sure, here’s a checklist for setting up Greenly, your new startup that offers sustainable products for pet owners:
- Develop a business plan and conduct market research to ensure that there is a demand for sustainable pet products in your target market.
- Decide on the legal structure of your business and register it with the appropriate authorities.
- Secure funding through investments, loans, or other means.
- Set up a website and e-commerce platform to sell your products online.
- Establish relationships with suppliers and manufacturers who produce sustainable and eco-friendly pet products.
- Develop a marketing and advertising strategy to promote your products to your target audience.
- Hire employees or contractors to assist with product development, marketing, sales, and customer service.
- Obtain any necessary licenses or certifications to ensure that your products are compliant with relevant regulations and standards.
- Develop a system for tracking and managing inventory to ensure that you always have enough products in stock to meet demand.
- Continuously evaluate and refine your products, marketing strategies, and business operations to ensure that you are meeting your goals and maximizing your impact.
Remember that this is a general checklist, and the specific steps and order may vary depending on your individual circumstances and goals. Good luck with your new venture!
HOW TO PRACTICE FOR MEDIA INTERVIEWS USING CHATGPT
Prompt: I want you to pretend to be a journalist. Ask me questions about Greenly, one at a time, based on real interview questions from The New York Times.
Result: Can you tell us more about what inspired you to start Greenly and how you got the idea for the business?
ChatGPT does a great job of “roleplaying, asking questions, and responding based on your answer. So, it is a good way to prepare for being interviewed by the media. ”
HOW TO SELL MY COMPANY TO GOOGLE USING CHATGPT
Prompt: How do I sell my company to Google?
Result: As an AI language model, I cannot provide information on how to sell a company to Google. However, I can suggest that you consult with business brokers or investment bankers who can provide guidance on the process of selling a company. Additionally, it may be helpful to research and connect with companies that have been acquired by Google in the past to gain insight into their experience and strategies for success.
Selling a company to Google, or any other large corporation, can be a complex and time-consuming process. Here are some general steps that you may want to consider:
Conduct a valuation of your company: Before approaching Google or any other potential buyers, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of your company’s value. This will help you set a realistic price and negotiate effectively.
Overall, ChatGPT produced a decent guide for selling your company to Google, although it won’t replace the lawyer that you will undoubtedly need if that really happens. Google, call me!