Another DYGYCON virtual metaverse event has come and gone
The first iteration of the DYGYCON event is now in the book. DYGYCON is a virtual metaverse that connects you to blockchain projects. The event was organized by the creators of Splinterlands, the hit blockchain trading card game in which players really own their cards and play for real money rewards. DYGYCON is also a chance for partners and visionary communities to network and connect with one another.
The event kicked off on Saturday, November 19 with Aggroed from @Splinterlands giving the welcome message. Due to popular demand to accommodate different timezones, we opened up the space to interact with for the entire weekend spanning three days and ending on November 21.
The event also included great speakers including Splinterlands co-founder Aggroed, CMO, GALA GAMES Jason Brink, CMO, Dogira Skyler Ramsey, and WOMPLAY Ceo Adrian Krion.
So, what was really new at the DYGYCON6 event? Splinterlands uses Gamerjibe’s metaverse platform to host DYGYCON. Splinterlands used the event to showcase some of the stuff his team had been working on including new ways to interact, play, and have fun. Below are some of the new ways Splinterlands talked about.
- Splinterlands Doctor Blight avatar skins
- Emotes, emotes everywhere!
- Womplay Theater added for Spielworks’ TALK
- Theater mode to watch the livestream, chat, and emote!
- Metamask wallet integration (NFT profile pictures)
The event also had the backing of new sponsors including Doctor Who: Worlds Apart, NFT Tunz, Smighties, Tales of the Crypto, and Zombie Zebras NFT. DYGYCON event was everything but boring. Attendees were able to feast their eyes on some sweet SWAG, the NFT Auction House, NFT Achievement Badges, and Scavenger Hunt loot. Over $18,000 worth of SWAG was made available.
The first silent NFT auction debuted featuring NFTs from @Splinterlands, sponsors, and private sellers. Four winners went home with great swag. The first winner, SteveR82, won the Celestial Pack from Dark Galaxies. The second winner, BTCSam, won the Spring NFT from PapiGman. Bragurr is the third winner, winning the Doctor Blight animated NFT from @splinterlands. The fourth winner, SteveR82 won the Herald of Chaos animated NFT from @Splinterlands.
Scavenger Hunt loot includes a sweet animated NFT Badge and a raffle for an art commission from @waffleskitty! We’ll be dishing these prizes out this week as well! Keep an eye out on Twitter!
Did you register early?
Was it easy to join?
How comfortable was it to interact with others?
Were you able to make connections you wouldn’t have made without DYGYCON?
Some Personal Experiences Shared
- I’ve started on DYGYCON 5 and I really enjoyed listening to the speakers throughout the event. I’m just sad that I wasn’t able to attend the first series of DYGYCONs. Overall it was a fun experience and I really had a blast! Can’t wait for DYGYCON 7!
- It was a great way to be able to network and get to ask some questions to a lot of great projects. I’m shocked more people didn’t take advantage of such an amazing opportunity to ask questions and learn more about each of these projects.
- I think i gave tons of hearts to Aggro!
- Meeting up with sgt-dan and cmmndrgarlic and having a fun time meeting new people, everybody was super outgoing and helpful and look forward to doing it again next time.
- I had a lot of fun at Dygycon 6! Checking out all these great booths, seeing a lot of other crypto enthusiasts, fishing a bit, and grabbing some swag was awesome 🙂 You will see me (btcsam) on the next Dygycon for sure!
Given the great success of DYGYCON 6, the next event DYGYCON 7, is now scheduled for January 21st-23rd, 2022. So if you’re interested in participating in the DYGYCON 7 event, this is probably the best time to register as you can save upwards of 80% in early registrations. Early registrations also mean you can check the event’s landing page for updates and if any emails go out regarding DYGYCON updates, you’ll get it first!