Google is the most trusted tech company by Americans; Facebook, TikTok least trusted, new survey shows
According to a recent survey, more than forty percent of Americans do not trust Facebook and TikTok. Over 40% of Americans don’t trust Facebook and TikTok. However, sixty-five percent find Google to be trustworthy, with Amazon and Microsoft in second and third place, respectively.
ZDNet reports that according to a survey of 1,057 American residents by SeoClarity to gauge trust in tech companies, Google tops Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple on the trustworthy scores. Meanwhile, Facebook and TikTok were the most distrusted, the surveys show.
To understand how Americans feel about the role of social media and search companies, such as Google, SeoClarity surveyed 1,057 American residents to understand people’s trust in tech companies, where they are most concerned, and their views of developments in the tech space.
Considering the ongoing issues about censorship and privacy, it’s surprising that the overwhelming majority of Americans find Google to be the most trustworthy company. The findings are eye-opening due to how tech companies are stacking up on trust.
Google tops Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple on the trustworthy scores. Meanwhile, Facebook and TikTok were the most distrusted. The survey found TikTok to be the least trusted tech and social media brand in the US, with over 2 in 5 (43%) Americans saying they distrusted the video social media app.
Below are the major highlights from the SeoClarity’s survey:
- 65.7% of US residents say Google is trustworthy followed by Amazon at 65.1%, Microsoft at 64.9% and Apple at 63.6% and Samsung at 62.3%.
- 1 in 5 Americans will always trust Google results.
- 61% believe medical answers from Google have been vetted by medical professionals
- 72.5% of Americans believe search engines and social media companies have a responsibility to “fact check” content featured on their sites.
- Facebook is the 2nd most distrusted tech company according to respondents.
- A third (34.1%) of Americans surveyed said social media and tech firms don’t pay their fair share in taxes.
- 61.9% of Americans say search and social media companies should have more regulations imposed on them.
- 75% of respondents indicate they are concerned with tech companies storing health data gathered from wearable tech.
- 34% of Americans believe smart speakers and assistants are not safe for children.