Apple unveils groundbreaking new technologies and tools for easier app development
Apple announced yesterday a series of breakthrough tools to make it easier and faster to develop powerful apps. The tools include SwiftUI Framework, ARKit 3 and New Xcode. The company made the announcement during the Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference held at the San Jose Convention Center. According to Apple, these innovative technologies will make it dramatically easier and faster for developers to create powerful new apps.
Easier to Bring iPad Apps to Mac
- PencilKit makes it easy for developers to add Apple Pencil support to their apps and includes the redesigned tool palette.
- SiriKit adds support for third-party audio apps, including music, podcasts and audiobooks, so developers can now integrate Siri directly into their iOS, iPadOS and watchOS apps, giving users the ability to control their audio with a simple voice command.
- MapKit now provides developers a number of new features such as vector overlays, point-of-interest filtering, camera zoom and pan limits, and support for Dark Mode.
- In addition to language enhancements targeted at SwiftUI, Swift 5.1 adds Module Stability — the critical foundation for building binary-compatible frameworks in Swift.
- Powerful new Metal Device families facilitate code sharing between multiple GPU types on all Apple platforms, while support for the iOS Simulator makes it simple to build Metal apps for iOS and iPadOS.
Images of Developer Tools