50 Most Funded Startups In The United States
Welcome to The United States Of Startups. Investors continue to pour billions of dollars in technology startups with no signs of slowing down. In 2018 alone, venture capital investment in US companies hit around $100 billion. The number does not account for funding from bootstrapping or funding from startup founders.
As it’s customary, CBInsights just released its annual list of the most well-funded tech startup in every US State. This year is no different with Uber on top for the State of California. The ride-hailing juggernaut raising $15.7 billion in disclosed equity funding (as of 4/9/2019). It is followed by New York’s Infor ($4.1B in equity funding) and Florida’s Magic Leap ($2.4B).
CBInsights’ map infographic shows the top tech startups in every US state, as determined by funding totals. Companies include Uber, Magic Leap, DraftKings, and Vox Media. The data was culled using CB Insights database of startup information where they identified the most-well funded VC-backed technology startups by state based on disclosed equity funding. The data does not funding from debt, loans, and lines of credit, and only considered tech companies that have raised at least $1M of equity funding since January 2014.
The full list of startups is included below the map.
Please click to enlarge.
- The most well-funded US tech startup is California’s Uber, with $15.7B in disclosed equity funding (as of 4/9/2019). It is followed by New York’s Infor ($4.1B in equity funding) and Florida’s Magic Leap ($2.4B).
- Our map includes 10 unicorn companies valued at $1B+, including ride-hailing company Uber ($72B valuation), video game developer Epic Games ($15B valuation), and direct-to-consumer teeth alignment startup Smile Direct Club ($3.2B valuation).
- Four startups on the map have raised over $1B in total disclosed equity financing: Uber, Infor, Magic Leap, and Epic Games. All of these are valued at $1B or more.
- Including the 4 startups mentioned above, a total of 29 companies on the map have raised $100M or more in equity funding.
- 15 of the VC-backed startups on our list have raised less than $50M in equity. The VC-backed startup with the least funding on this list is Oklahoma’s SendaRide.
You can read the full report at CBInsights.com