Stellar Cyber launches University Program to equip future cybersecurity professionals and empower underserved communities
There’s been a significant increase in the number of cyberattacks in recent years. According to a report from Check Point Research, global cyberattacks increased by 38% in 2022, compared to 2021. The growing cyber threats have also led to an increase in the demand for cybersecurity expertise and skills.
A recent report from Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that there will be 3.5 million unfilled cybersecurity job openings by 2025. This shortage is attributed to the growing sophistication of cyberattacks, the increasing significance of data security, and a lack of qualified professionals in the field.
Recognizing this gap, Silicon Valley-based Stellar Cyber has stepped in to empower and equip students, particularly those from underserved communities, with hands-on cybersecurity skills.
Today, Stellar Cyber, the brains behind Open XDR technology, announced the launch of its Field-Proven University Program, aimed at helping educational organizations offer hands-on cybersecurity training. But that’s not all—they’re also empowering these institutions to provide SOC (Security Operations Center) services to communities that often get left behind.
The Stellar Cyber Program is the only invitation-only program designed for educational organizations committed to developing the next generation of cybersecurity professionals and providing not-for-profit security operations services to underserved communities.
What’s in the package? Well, participants get access to Stellar Cyber’s tech, curriculum, and a squad of security experts from their ecosystem. The goal is to support educational institutions and communities that might be struggling to get their hands on the necessary tools and resources to tackle cybersecurity threats. Commenting on the program, Paul Levasseur, Vice President of Customer and Partner Enablement at Stellar Cyber, said:
“All too often, students graduate from college without being exposed to the fantastic career opportunities in the cybersecurity industry. We want to ensure that students understand the exciting and enriching opportunity that exists in cybersecurity so they can make more informed decisions about their future.”
Besides preparing students from educational institutions for careers in cybersecurity, the University Program also assists these students in offering essential cybersecurity services to communities that struggle with limited funds and resources to establish and sustain a dedicated cybersecurity operations team.
“Attackers look for targets that cannot easily defend themselves,” Levasseur added. “Our hope is to ensure that these previously underserved communities get the protection they deserve.”
Below is a summary of the Stellar Cyber University Program’s offerings:
- Enablement: Institutions receive access to Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR Security Operations platform, enabling them to train students for careers in security operations.
- Curriculum: Stellar Cyber provides cybersecurity courseware, both instructor-led and on-demand, demonstrating the utilization of the Open XDR platform for optimizing threat detection, investigation, and response.
- Training and Certification: Students gain expertise in using the latest security technologies through the program, including SIEM, NDR, UEBA, and more. They can also pursue certification through the Stellar Cyber Certification Program.
- Internships and Job Opportunities: Students become eligible for internships within Stellar Cyber’s customer and partner community.
- Mentorship: Industry experts from Stellar Cyber and its community offer guidance and coaching to students.
- Licensing for Educational Environments: Institutions receive licensing for virtual appliances and software, suitable for on-premises or cloud-based educational lab environments.
- Special Discounts for Stellar Cyber Products: Educational institutions enjoy special discounts on Stellar Cyber products for their security operations needs.
- Press and Promotional Opportunities: Stellar Cyber collaborates with institutions to promote their achievements, students, and partners in cybersecurity through the University Partnership program.
“Stellar Cyber is proud to offer this comprehensive, collaborative education program free of charge for those training our cyber warriors of the future,” said Jim O’Hara, Chief Revenue Officer at Stellar Cyber. “We are honored to do our part to help shrink the worldwide cybersecurity skills gap and provide security services to communities in need. It’s our objective to scale as broadly as possible and to assist universities as they prepare their graduates to enter the cybersecurity workforce.”
Based in Silicon Valley, Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR platform streamlines comprehensive security, empowering lean teams to effectively secure environments. It offers early threat detection, reducing risk and improving MTTR by 20X.
To explore the Stellar Cyber University Program, you can contact them at email@example.com.