Web3’s Leading Voices Gather at Korea Blockchain Week 2023
FactBlock, a Web3 ecosystem accelerator, and Hashed, a prominent Web3 venture fund based in South Korea, are set to host the 6th edition of Korea Blockchain Week (KBW2023) from September 4 to 10 in Seoul.
The week-long conference will feature more than 200 thought leaders and builders from the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry, including Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire, Wemade CEO Henry Chang, Maelstrom CIO Arthur Hayes, Hashed CEO Simon Kim, BitGo co-founder and CEO Mike Belshe, Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal, Line Next’s business director Woosuk Kim, and SkyBridge Capital’s founder and managing partner Anthony Scaramucci.
“KBW2023 will be a platform where blockchain builders from all over the world discover the future of Web3, and explore its impact on various industries and cultures,” said Seonik Jeon, CEO of FactBlock. “We are excited to bring together such an impressive lineup of speakers and attendees to discuss the most important issues facing the blockchain industry today.”
In addition to the main conference, KBW2023 will also feature a Web3-based art and music festival, as well as more than 150 side events. The organizers aim to make KBW2023 an idea lab rather than an echo chamber, where builders, investors, legacy finance executives, policymakers, and crypto-curious newcomers can exchange ideas, collaborate, and find solutions to some of the thorniest challenges facing the industry.
The biggest highlight of the upcoming conference will be KBW: IMPACT, the main 2-day event that brings together thought leaders and crypto-curious from around the world to spark discussions along the following core themes:
- Fundamentals– Dedicated to answering the fundamental questions of blockchain and crypto.
- Kingdom of Ethereum – Shining light on the future of Ethereum infrastructure and community.
- Oil the Wheels – Addressing subjects that make blockchain ecosystem and developers’ growth.
- Way to Billions – Analyzing the key challenges and contributors to mass adoption.
- What’s on Chain – Showcasing and harnessing the power of on-chain data for research, analysis, DeFi, risk management, and more.
- Regional Taste – A look at how the unique strengths of markets like Korea, Japan, India, and Southeast Asia are helping them embrace blockchain technology.
- Tech Unleashed – A deep dive into emerging trends and technologies such as zero-knowledge, shared sequencing, orderbook DEXes, privacy, interoperability, and more.
- Digital Nation – Dedicated to exploring how blockchain technology will shape the social structures with DAOs, decentralized social graphs, and metaverse.
- Institutional Fever – Dedicated to the B2B side of blockchain, it would serve as a bridge between Web2 enterprises, financial conglomerates, and Web3 projects.
- Code in Law – To help the industry players understand the regulatory landscape.
The week-long industry gathering will spotlight three main events, an official afterparty, and almost two hundred side events. Highlights include the two-day keystone conference “Impact” on September 5th and 6th; the two-day immersive digital art experience “The Gateway: Korea” with NFT now on September 7th and 8th; and the two-day music festival “Micro Seoul: Seoulbound” as the official closing ceremony of KBW. Rounding off the week, “Beyond Seoul” will take center stage as the official KBW afterparty from September 7th to 10th, celebrating the intersection of technology, culture, and self-expression. With over a hundred registered side events, attendees can expect a week brimming with engagement and insight.
About Korea Blockchain Week
Korea Blockchain Week is the premier blockchain and cryptocurrency event in Asia, bringing together industry leaders, investors, and enthusiasts worldwide to discuss and explore the latest developments and trends. Organized by Factblock and co-hosted by Hashed, the conference features a series of speeches and panel discussions by the leading minds of the blockchain space, as well as a rich selection of side events and networking opportunities to foster collaboration within the Korean and global blockchain community.