U.S. Fire Administrator to Join U.S. Representatives Dean and Torres in DC to Honor Those Lost in Tragic Fires Over the Past Year, Announce National Fire Strategy
Today, the head of the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), a component of FEMA, will join U.S. Representatives Madeleine Dean (D-PA) and Ritchie Torres (D-NY) and principals of America’s national fire service organizations in Washington, D.C., to honor those lost to fires and launch the USFA National Fire Strategy. U.S. Representatives Dean and Torres will also discuss recently passed fire safety legislation to protect vulnerable communities and increase fire safety. Similar events were previously held in New York City and Philadelphia.
There will also be a live burn demo immediately following the remarks for b-roll opportunity.
WHEN: 10am ET; Jan. 12, 2023
- John A. Donnelly Sr., Chief, D.C. Fire & Emergency Medical Services Department
- EMS Captain Jonathan E. Streat, Sr., NREMT\P
- U.S. Representative Madeleine Dean (D-PA)
- U.S. Representative Ritchie Torres (D-NY)
- Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell, U.S. Fire Administrator
- Dr. Steve Kerber, Vice President, Fire Safety Research Institute, UL Research Institutes
- Chief Donna Black, President, International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Eric Bernard, Executive Director of the Montgomery County Volunteer Fire and Rescue Association
- Edward Kelly, General President, International Association of Fire Fighters
- Chief Shane Ray, President, National Fire Sprinkler Association
- Lorraine Carli, Vice President of Outreach and Advocacy for the National Fire Protection Association
WHERE: Engine Company 3, 439 New Jersey Ave. NW, Washington, D.C.
PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Moore–Merrell will also be available for interviews before and immediately following the event. See more information here.
RSVP: Please RSVP to the FEMA News Desk email@example.com. Please also include if you are interested in any one-on-one interviews.
Additional Media Contacts
- Jeremy Edwards, Press Secretary, FEMA Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evrim Bunn, External Affair Officer, U.S. Fire Administration, FEMA, email@example.com
- Victor Stagnaro, National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Dwyer, FDNY Deputy Commissioner, Public Information and External Affairs email@example.com
- Kathy Matheson, Communications Director, Philadelphia Fire Department firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Donelan, Director of Communications, DC Fire and EMS Department, Jennifer.email@example.com