Join™ is an exciting, fast growth company that is creating amazing work experiences. Harnessing our leadership in data platforms, networks and sensorization, we are creating a powerful and unified system for enterprises and real estate companies to adapt to the new realities of hybrid work. From the life sciences companies to financial services, high tech and corporate real estate, our differentiated data platform is designed to help leaders adapt their space, attract employees back to the office, and reduce costs — no matter where that work is being done.
We empower enterprises and real estate owners to adapt their workspaces to maximize productivity and efficiency. Join is focused on providing three legs of a unified system consisting of a connected digital backbone, a data and analytics platform, and applications that result in amazing workplace experiences. Learn more at www.joindigital.com .
Join is seeking a Principal engineer (with people management experience) to lead a team to architect, build and manage the Join Digital data pipeline, including data retrieval, ingestion, ETL and data warehousing. You will work with a technical team building products that create great workplace experiences.
What you’ll do…
- Architect, build and manage the Join Digital data pipeline, including data retrieval, ingestion, ETL and data warehousing.
- Develop a schedule and clear milestones to track technical projects and deliverables.
- Hire and lead a world-class team of developers.
- Own the release process and schedule.
- Work cross-functionally with QA, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering Operations, and other teams to deliver best in class solutions.
- Manage communication of progress status with the extended team and escalate issues as necessary.
- Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
You are qualified for this role if you have…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of relevant development experience.
- 5 or more years leading a software development team.
You are perfect for this role if you have…
- Proven ability to architect and implement high performing software products.
- 5+ years of experience building large scale real time and batch ETL data pipelines.
- Experience building, maintaining, and troubleshooting highly available distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience with databases, data warehouses, data lakes and SQL.
- Strong focus on application performance.
- Proven history dealing with 3rd party REST API integration.
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFormation.
- Experience with Confluent Kafka.
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams.
- Strong people management skills, including mentoring and coaching engineers of all skill levels.
- Python, Python, and more Python.
- Good understanding of CI/CD.
- Hands-on experience with InfluxDB Flux.
- Direct experience with AWS CDK is a strong plus.
- ElasticSearch and Grafana experience are a plus.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Model Operationalization (MLOps) is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review code.
- Experience leading strong development teams.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other development and QA teams.
What we'll provide…
- An exciting, fast-paced, high-growth company where you can make an impact from day one
- A company that makes decisions based on facts and data, where your work makes a difference
- A small and experienced team that welcomes the knowledge and experience you bring and values your contribution
- Amazing customers that absolutely love the technology and trust Join to provide critical digital services every day
- A great management team that provides unmatched transparency into the business and welcomes diverse ideas and critical thinking
- A PFC (Primadonna-Free Culture)
- A culture that offers flexibility and a healthy work-life balance
- Health, vision and dental care (we pay 100% for employee; 50% for family)
- Employee Stock Option participation
- 401k participation
- Unlimited PTO
Compensation: $140,000-$180,000 depending on experience
Our team understands and values diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation.