Joon Health is an integrated behavior improvement platform for kids, starting with behavior disorders like ADHD, autism, anxiety, and depression. In Joon, kids access a game-based digital therapeutic where they level up when they do real-life behaviors that are managed by parents and clinicians.
Over the next 10 years, we plan on being the first-line digital treatment for pediatric behavior disorders, leveraging the first of its kind technology to drive behavior change.
After launching Joon in January 2022, focused on kids with ADHD and Autism, we’ve already reached over 18K active paying subscribers. We’ve raised over $6M in funding from top investors like Y Combinator, Goodwater, MaC Venture Capital, Dune Ventures, Blue Lion Global, Arash Ferdowsi (Dropbox), Dan Carroll (Clever), Austen Allred (Bloomtech), and Alex Cohen (Carbon Health).
If you join us, you’ll be the first game design hire helping shape:
- Our future company culture
- The game design direction and focus across our core product
- Who we hire
- Our product development practices
What we’re looking for:
You will be the first full-time game designer on the team, working directly with our CEO and driving game design on our game-based digital therapeutic.
- 4+ years of experience designing for live operation games, especially mobile games
- Ability to deliver specs from concept to launch
- Ability to adapt on a fast-paced team to drive and deliver results
- Production / project management experience
- Extensive game development experience, and has shipped new game features successfully
- Experience with game balance, pacing, and serious games or gamification design
- Experience with using data and user research
What You'll Do
- Drive Game Design: Take ownership of game design for the Joon kid app, prioritizing features and driving production
- Game Balance: You will implement, test, and balance game rule changes during build reviews, feature launches, and economy adjustments
- Leverage Data and User Insights: Utilize data-driven insights and user interviews to continuously improve game design and drive engagement and retention among our users.
- Collaborate with Cross-functional Teams: Work closely with the CEO and product teams to align design strategies with overall business objectives and foster seamless collaboration.
Skills & Experience
- Expert in game design
- 4+ years of relevant game design experience at a product-driven company
- Nice to have: experience with health or serious games, experience with kid games
What Benefits Do We Offer?
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Full Health and Dental Insurance
- 4 days in office (SF), Fridays Optional
- Relocation Stipends
- Health & Fitness allowance