About the Role
Abnormal Security is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Inbound Email Products (IEP) team. The IEP team builds & operates core components of Abnormal’s flagship Email Security product, such as Remediation Flows & Customer Portal Dashboards. This is a full stack team which is responsible for all the layers, including data storage, backend & frontend. The ideal candidate will have worked across the stack and has in depth knowledge about backend & distributed computing.
What you will do
- Work with the Tech Lead, Engineering Manager & Product Manager to craft the roadmap for the IEP team.
- Lead Software Projects which are critical to Abnormal’s success with a group of engineers, through conception, design, implementation, launch & operation.
- Provide guidance and mentorship for junior members of the team
- Collaborate with Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, Go-ToMarket teams in order to implement, verify and iterate on the issues & requests coming from our customers
- Raise the bar of excellence in engineering, actively contributing to knowledge sharing within the team and participating in professional development activities.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Sciences, Information Systems or other related engineering field
- 5+ years of industry experience on backend web development & distributed systems, designing & building software applications
- Experience working individually as well as in groups on a regular basis
- Experience working with distributed teams, proficient in asynchronous and written communication
- Experience building features & components from scratch and operating them, balancing feature development work with operational tasks
Nice to Have
- Experience with frontend frameworks, particularly React.js
- Experience with our stack: Python, Go, AWS, K8s, Django, Spark, Prometheus
- Familiarity with AWS services and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of containerization using Docker or similar technologies.